B&W 805 models...

I guess the one on the B&W website is the newest model that is called '805S'.

First of all, what could be the S stands for? Standard? Signature?

Is '805S' = 'Signature 805'?

What are the different models such as matrix 805, signature 805, nautilus 805, 805S etc..., and which is oldest, older, newer, newest, etc...
eandylee
According the British HI FI Choice (May 2005 issue), the 805S significantly outperform the Sig 805, sonically speaking.

Marketing or... - I don't know.

BTW - many roumors about (possibly?) newcoming 805D - presumably improved 805S in several areas, with major gain in Diamond tweeter...
I have these speakers pair of 805N, and a pair of 805S I bought the new. Started out with 805N as a stereo set up then upgraded room 5.1 So bought the 805S and HTM4 for center. These are outstanding speakers. But lack low bass. I would not recommend these speakers without using a sub. Let me add this too. I would add a self powered sub to all speakers. This really takes the low end of the main amps and speakers.
Sorry to resurrect a 15 year old thread(!), but I am not finding an answer in my Googling.  

I heard a new pair of 805's over the holidays and was impressed.  I have a smaller listing room and think that this speaker may work well in my space.

In searching the secondhand market, I am confused by all of the models.  I am thinking that I'd like to pick up a newer pair, but what are the models and timing from the past 15 years?
Sorry to resurrect a 15 year old thread(!), but I am not finding an answer in my Googling.  

I heard a new pair of 805's over the holidays and was impressed.  I have a smaller listing room and think that this speaker may work well in my space.

In searching the secondhand market, I am confused by all of the models.  I am thinking that I'd like to pick up a newer pair, but what are the models and timing from the past 15 years?