B&W 803 matrix ...too big for my room?? 12x11x8

There's a pair of B&W 803 matrix series 2 for sale, my room is 12'x11'x8'. do ye think these would be too big? Thanks.
bluewaxx
Their is a pair of CM4's which would not overload the room,sound much better though with less bass,and be able to move in for near field as Elizabeth suggests doing is fun.Easier to place.They are $750 OBO.There is a pair of 602's which bass will be their more but "looser" and won't give coherence and mids CM floorstander will but I would still rather have the 602 then a late 80's 803.7's might be out of your price range so that CM looked like a much better way to spend a few more bucks and needs less power
C
Bluewaxx - unless you just came up with 803 matrix s2 because of an ad, you must have heard them and liked them. Alot of people did. They are very highly rated speakers one of the best in the matrix line for what one paid for. 804's were the exception. I have 803's and 805's in my HT setup and 801's in my 2 ch sound room. Many consider the matrix line B&W 's finest. If these speakers are in greast shape and a decent price... well the choice is yours. I also own cdm1's. I would stick to the 800's series if you can. And yes an amplifier rated at least close their maximum rating is recommended.
thanks for the advice y'all, since its a bedroom system I might go for the monitors and a sub later. Perhaps the 805M? The monitors would be more realistic to my budget.
thanks,
A