B&W 800 MATRIX

Has anyone had experience with the B&W 800 MATRIX Speakers and what is your opinion on them . I will be buying a very nice used pair and mostly listen to classic rock. With that being said i will be in the market for a new or used solid state amp and pre amp. Possibly Krell KSA 250. Any thoughts would be welcome . 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
My opinion is that during this John Bowers era it was more about F over F -

Function over Form.
hmmmm.....more often than not form follows function. I bet that these Matrix 800 speakers are shaped this way for best performance per John Bowers' team

Bombaywalla

yes Function over Form - meaning function takes priority over form.
Said another way - Making it work, before Making it look good. The Points for example are used for strength. To me, they give the speaker a kind of split personality. Almost a Beauty and the Beast kind of thing ... I mean for an inanimate object. :^) Let me explain.

From the front and bearded (grills on) not as obtrusive, especially with the thinner midrange/tweeter cabinet. A sort of feminine silhouette kind of thing. But from any angle that shows the Points Side - Zombie Monsters on Steroids.

Personal experiences have been, about 1/2, 50% of people seem to dig their looks. Women prefer them bearded (grills on)

Stark contrast in the music delivery - clean shaven versus bearded :^)

Something else that is in stark contrast with today’s speakers is branding. Someone entering a room with these would have no clue who made them unless they went around to the back and had a good look. There is no logo on the front. As someone who has spent his career doing the delivery side of consulting, and working with XXX companies, this "lack of branding, logo" in front stands out like a sore thumb. But then so do these speakers in any room. They don't need a logo.

Dear.
I have used this B&W 800 Matrix during 1 year. My model included external crossover made by Krell.I have used for bass Krell KSA 250 and for mid/treble Mark Levinson ML#333. The Pre Amp was tube. I sold this speaker because I moved to my current home and was top big for my new listerning room.
My previous listerning room was very big, 12m x 10m and the roof was around 10ms of high. Like a a small theater.  I enjoyed a lot for digital sourcing. These speaker has tremendous soundstage and sound pressure.  Still I remember Mahler #2!  Congratulations!
dantechoi

Still I remember Mahler #2 !

Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 2 "Resurrection" (Lucerne Festival Orchestra, Claudio Abbado)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MPuoOj5TIw

For those that click on the link; brace yourself for the 48.45 time mark.........else risk possibly spilling your lemonade.  
thanx for the heads-up ct0517 :-) was lulled into a sleep & then -B-A-M-M-M- !!@&%$!*!*!!