Avantgarde Uno Loudspeakers: Comments?

Hi, Has anyone here tried the above speakers ? any comments someone can make? is it really that good compared to other ordinary box speakers? Thanks,
johnysy17be
The nice thing about this speaker line is that they are very efficient which means you can use very low powered amps, especially Single Ended triodes, that will give you crystal clear midranges and extended clear top ranges.
It is very exciting to listen to the Avantgardes. It is like going to a concert for the first time and hearing dynamics that you cannot normally hear in your home audio system. I recommend very highly if you like music to thrill and emotionally involve you. As far as SET amps are concerned, I have tried powerfull push/pull amps on them and the 12 watt Viva Sintesi integrated blows it away. Unbelievable soundstage, detail and deep controled bass. I think it is the finest combination available as do many other Avantgarde owners.
Hello. I have heard one, two and trio model. The model i prefer is Duo. In the one model you can easily heard the differance between drivers. The Trio is too much brilliant with a nasal midrange, mid bass almost nonexistent.Duo is the best compromise. Imho.
hi cornfedboy, the only honking i associate w/avantgarde acoustics speakers is *your comments*. they are *very* musical, not all those folks who love 'em are deaf. no arguments w/their appearance, tho. i *do* respect that ewe don't like their sound, i guess that's why there's many different speaker brands & designs... regards, doug