Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Aerial 20T v2.

I am trying to decide between these two speakers and was hoping to get some input from anyone who has heard either of these speakers.

I realize the best thing for me to do is go and listen to them but it is tough for me to do. I have heard each speaker but wasn't at the store to listen to either of these in particluar. I heard the Aerials when demoing a subwoofer and they where the orginals not the v2. I only heard the Avalons briefly at a store being demoed for another customer about 3-4 years ago.

From what I'm hearing in talking to dealers over the phone and to a friend who has the Eidolon Vision the Avalon's give a more holographic sound (Wider and deeper soundstage)over most other speakers. The Aerial's I'm told are not as holographic and are alittle more in your face.
audiodreamer
Congrats Audiodreamer

I've listened to Aerial 20T V2's extensively at my friends place and love-em.

I love Avalons a hell of a lot too, esp. the Diamonds and Isis, but hey, we're talking about two fantastic speaker manufacturers, my only other would be Intuitive Designs, but that's another thread, have fun.
Well I've had the speakers for a week now and all I can say is WOW. There is no comparison to the LR5's, none-nada. What impressed me the most about the 20T v2's is the bass. I'm not running the subs at all and there is just so much great bass coming out of the two Aerials it's glorious. On the highs and mids it's just scary sometimes, very real.
something I noticed after owning 20T for a few months.

20T bottom firing port, unlike B&W which has a fixed base with predetermined distance to the port, can drastically affect how the bass is coupled to the room. so do play with speaker heights, a little change there can make a big difference in sound.

Tilt. Aerial likes to have their 20T tilted slightly upward duirng demo. depending on music, I do like slight tilt most of the time. can't tell you the angle of tilt, but my very sensitive bubble level definitely captures the tilt. slight tilt gives a more pleasing presentation instead of very direct and in-your-face sound. 20T's ribbon is very vivid and has good micro dynamic, slight tilt will achieve a more musical balance.

don't use supplied jumpers + wires, bi-wire them if you can. if you don't like running two long speaker wires, at least run one long jumper wires from bottom binding posts to the head units. you will notice less glare and edginess on less than perfect recording. especially if you have them toe in crossing right behind your head, you will hear big improvement in midrange/top end smoothness.

I will try to put my 20T on some solid platform like granite or Symposium shelf to control port distance and air diffusion/absorption, my 20T sits on carpet with thick pads and there is strong interaction to the floor.