Audiogon "RECORDINGS TO DIE FOR" list

I've been listening to some of my favorite recordings this weekend and was wondering what others on Audiogon felt were there favorites. We have all seen the Stereophile "Records to Die For", The Absolute Sounds recommended list, Music Directs' list, The Golden Ear, etc. now I'm hoping to assemble the Audiogon "Recordings To Die For". Please list your five favorite recordings, the ones you listen to over and over or play for friends. I would assume the sonic quality is excellent in that this is an audiophile site. The performance and enjoy ability should also be excellent. Please leave your top five, even if they are already chosen so we can discover the very top for the Audiogon listeners. ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CRITICIZING OTHERS OPINIONS AND JUST LEAVE YOUR FAVORITES!

August 2002: I have compiled a summary and a full printer-friendly list of all of the recommendations below.
click here to view summary
128x128jadem6
Here's my list, I look forward to seeing yours. (*I also started new thread for favorite ecclectic collection so we could begin fresh)

1.Govinda "Entwined and Entranced" (An amazing recording with synth, guitar, rich vocal accents and sounds undescribable)

2.Patick O'Hearn "Trust" (Ambient,New Age, synth)

3.Karsh Kale "Liberation" (Sound will pour from this CD, synth,programing,Madras Orchestra and much more....your speakers will scream)

4.Ulver "Perdition City" (Dark ODD well recorded CD of strange sounds and images)

5.Kruder and Dorfmeister "K and D Sessions" (For those who thought they would not like techno, strong recording!)

6. Brainbox "Primordia" (Another one of my strange CD'S...a feast for ears)

7. Preston Reed "Metal" (Accoustic Guitar Virtuoso)

8. Unitone "A Portrait of Strings" (A compilation of some amazing accoutic guitar artists)

9. Pat Metheney "Quiet Nights" (Accoustic Guitar Baritone
solo)

10. Robert Stanton "Accoustic Storm" (20 Bit recording, hard to find)

11.Joe Banamassa "blues deluxe" (One of the better recorded rock/blues genre. Ths guy is amazing)

12. Ryan Adams "Gold" (Nice recording and good song writing, a tad melancholy but solid)

13.Al DiMeola "Kiss My Axe" (One of my favorite recordings, tons of info to hear, very crisp)

14.Jackson Browne "The Naked Ride HOme" (Sweet recording, voice is pwoerful, musicians tight, great song writing, his best IMHO)

15. Suzanne Vega "Songs in Red and Grey" (Her best IMHO)

16. Echo and Bunnymen "Flowers" (All around SOLID rock CD, Vocals excellent, songs memorable)

I'm sure we all have many more, I'm gonna stop here, all take care, and happy listening.
Wow, I am up to 4 pages in Word and not half way through the list. OK, here are some I have loved (sorry for the repeats)

Keith Jarrett - Koln Concert, Arbor Zena (just awesome, maybe my all time fav...)
Debussey - Trois Nocturnes
Patsy Cline - Greatest Hits
The Band - The Band
Ray Charles - Modern Sounds in Country & Western Music
Van Morrison - Moondance
EVERY TIME I play this at a high end store, I get questions - Tony Levin's From the Caves of the Iron Mountain. It was recorded in the cave of an abandoned iron mine in New York state. On an excellent system, it is simply astonishing. I had the pleasure of hearing it through Audio Research tube monos with Watt/Puppies! STUNNING! VERY deep bass at times, and a HUGE soundstage. Oh yeah, the music is great too! Available from Papabearrecords.com. ENJOY!
many many great items isted here. I add only two:

1. Bill Evans Trio - Sunday at the Village Vanguard (JVC XRCD version)

2. Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - The Great Summitt: The master takes (remastered cd version)

whether you like jazz or not, these are ABSOLUTELY must owns.

BTW, Uncle Meat, I just ordered the Levin CD, thanks for the tip, and it suprises me you didn't list any ZAPPA!