Audio Research Corp Ref 5 SE

Just picked up news on another OP that ARC is upgrading the Ref 5 to an SE version that incorporates some of the technology from the Ref 40. The other OP posted the URL link below. Does anyone have any solid information anout this news development? Has anyone heard the Ref 5 SE? Same rumor about an SE version of the Ref Phono 2?

http://artsexcellence-audioresearch.blogspot.com/2011/12/audio-research-reference-5-se.html
bifwynne
Hearing some more changes. The soundstage seems to have moved back and it's now about 2 feet behind the speakers. The speakers have largely disappeared. The center stage is filling in with more detail. Imaging is improving. Mid-range and treble smoothing out. I'll report back again if any more changes. Just turned my sub woofer gain up a notch to see if bass blends with the improving soundstage and I think it does.

My source is an EMI Classic CD of Tchaikovsky regulars, Mariss Jansons conducting the Oslo and London Philharmonic Orchestras. Playing 1812 Overture. Gotta go and turn down the gain before the cannons kick in or my wife will throw a bucket of water on my rig. ;>')
Hi ,my pre was starting to shine at 400 hours,at 450 it is still getting better and sounds alot different.Can't wait till 600.I would like ask,with this pre,do we need to add a power cord with sonic spectaculars.My tara labs air,has no sonic signature,just delivers good clean reasonibly fast power.So the pre is delivering the goods on its own,the way it should be, I suggest.Im interested in your thoughts as pc have come along way over recent years.Do I fix something,not broken,in that department.I do plan on holding onto this pre for along time,as its the best I've owned ,by a long way.My next best,imo was a ls 15.
I'm breaking in my upgraded phono 2SE. Right out of the box it sounded wonderfull for some hours: transparent, detailed with slam and a very present bass. Then the sound collapsed. After 600 hours the heights and mids are wonderfull, but I'm still missing the bass: ok it's detailed but it seems to stay behind some db's.