Audio Note Spkrs

Who here owns Audio Note spkrs? What can you tell me about them? What have you compared them to and why did you choose Audio Note?
128x128mdeblanc
Mdeblanc,

It is not a kit, I bought it from a dealer. Another thing you must be aware is that the speakers really need to burn to sound their best. So any comment before 500 hours is premature. What is funny the a/b test with the other speakers were done on brand new speakers. About the amplificarion, till now I drove them with three different amp, antique sound, an e otto integrated, an e quest monoblocks and tom evans lineer a, all produced very good results, but at the end I chose to keep my antique sounds (maybe again because the an amps i tried were not burned properly, that is burn in is a major issue with an than I know any other brand) But the main point is I see and experience no reason why they should not sound good with quality components.
Ahmet, Did you purchase online? If so, from who? I'm in ATL and there aren't any local dealers.
Mdeblanc,

I am in Turkey so it would not help. But I know Amhearst Audio (Bob Neill) and Audiofederation do carry the line in the states so they may suggest you something. I had great help from ahearst audio web site when I was considering AN products and Bob is really avery kind and helpful guy. He is also a very reliable sourceƧ

Regards,
Mdeblanc,

I live 5.5 hrs. from you in Destin, FL. You are welcome to stop in for a visit to hear my all AN system.

AN speaker are hard to come buy on the used market.
I bought AN-E/SpE speakers in August to replace ProAc Response 2.5 speakers.

I bought the speakers a) because they were recommended by my stereo guru (who, in all fairness, is also an AN dealer) and b) because they were described as good speakers for corner placements, which are where my speakers are placed. I also like the AudioNote design philosophy.

I am very happy with the speakers and wouldn't think of replacing them. They are very natural and reveal a lot of detail which I didn't hear from the ProAcs. They sound just great (to quote Duke Ellington: "if it sounds good, it IS good.") I can also listen to the speakers for hours and hours (unlike, for example, B&W speakers, which give me a headache).

If you care: the rest of the system is ARC LS25 Mark II preamp; Classe CA-2200 amp; CEC TL-51x transport; Accustic Arts Mark II DAC; AudioNote cabling. I listen mostly to jazz and classical.