Audio Dropping Out on Rega Apollo and Saturn

I borrowed a Rega Apollo and Saturn for home audition from my local dealer.

On both CD players, I experienced audio drop outs from some of my CDs as they were playing. I noticed that these CDs did have some minor scratches, but nothing major. When I would play these same CDs on my Jolida JD100 CD player, I never experienced these problems.

Are there any Rega Apollo or Saturn owners that have experienced this problem with some of their CDs? It seems like to me that Rega does not have a very good error correction system as the laser scans the CD. So if you do happen to have some CDs with scratches, it could hinder an otherwise pleasant listening experience.

If there is no clear explanation or work-around for this, then I have no choice but to remove these players from my consideration.
wkass
Thanks for the heads-up on the lubrication issue. After sitting idle for a year, my Apollo would not respond to a loaded disc. I used my thumb to exercise the laser sled back and forth and voila! Now I need to figure out how to get the cover off to carefully apply some lube.

Steve
I own a Saturn that I bought here. It is now starting to act up more. Initialization is slower and "disc empty" shows up more often. All cd's are factory burned. It has been very humid here in the Northeast and I thought that this may be the cause.

@1kitch
Where are the laser tracks that you lubricated? how do I identify them?

@stevea
I can see the laser sled. You just moved it and didn't lubricate it?
Hi everyone,
here we are 9 years later. Did rega ever own up to this manufacturing defect? Did they ever offer a software update? I still have my Apollo, it sounds great when it works.  I don’t listen to cds a ton anymore with my blue sound and turntable sounding so good. When i do listen to cds it’s a crap shoot if it will be relaxing or annoying experience. 
I love to hear rega eventually issued a software update.