Audible Illusions: how good really

How good is the Modulus 3A really? I am thinking of getting a Simaudio Moon amp with either the 3a (cheap route) or maybe something a bit more expensive, say the Moon P-5. So how well does the 3A really stand up to these 3,000.00 plus categories of preamps. Anyone have any thoughts.
128x128hifimatt
Hi , I too am considering the Audible Illusion preamp 3A. I've got a tech in Lewiston Maine who'd love to do an upgrade on one if I buy it. I'll be following you responses. Many say its the best thing since sliced bread, and considering the price I'd like to believe 'em. I recently tried a BAT preamp and a Audio Prism, both of which blew away my Counterpoint 3000.
Well, I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I own the Audible Illusions Mod 1 which I have had for at least 10 years. I am extremely pleased with it and wouldn't hesitate to consider the 3A. At the price, I think it's better than any bread I could slice.
I owned this preamp and had good sound. Then I listened to a CAT sl1 ultimate. Now I have great sound. For the price it is a decent preamp but I would never purchase another.