ATC owners present and former

I would be interested to hear what speakers you owned prior to and after ATCs, what ATCs those are/were, and reasons for switch to/from?
sashav
I have written many posts here on ATC. I have been in the event marketing space of the music industry around touring for three decades. Been a owner for many years. Have had 11s, 16s, 19s, 50s and 150s. I have a known pro studio, advertising and television production house and the 150s are essential to the work we do. The speakers replaced old BBC style monitors that came from KEF and the pro line of Yamaha two decades ago.

For as much attention that the speakers get, they have made incredible advances in electronics as well. Their current integrated line is really amazing and is reasonably priced in the 5 to 8 thousand range for the performance it delivers. We recently swapped out a NAD M3 for this line for our playback bay powering the 50s. PS: their passive line of speakers are power hungry and need big, beefy amps like NAD, Chord and Bryston.

As Shadorne said, the speakers are bullet proof; the build quality second to none. The 150s we own are approaching 4 years and sound pristine.

I often compare ATCs to fine wine. They are like a chilled and bracing white wine that exposes every flavor profile within the wine, stone fruit to acid. You hear all, warts and all. There are times that you also what a warm red wine to quietly enjoy with a meal, a nice home stereo, that may color that listening experience but also allow extended listening. I like Verity, Harbeth, Spendor and DeVore for that, especially with Japanese tube amps.
ATC 20 is my first loudspeaker and I have been upgrading along the product line: ATC 20, ATC 50 and now Anniversary 100.

After Anniversary 100, I think I would go for EL150. 15" bass driver gives the ideal bass reproduction, I reckon.

After ATC, Westlake HR7 is the choice because the horn sound always impresses me.
I own and still use, at times, the ATC-20/2's. They are remarkable for their clarity and drive. The down side is these speakers are unfailingly neutral. Bad recordings sound... well bad. Great recording sound... amazingly great. Admittedly, I never found a great tube preamp to use with them to tune out a little of the neutrality. Previously I owned the SCM-12's which are not powered like the 20/2's. I liked these better, as I was able to select the amplification to use. Just my two cents.

Jim