Are Rotel amps and preamps any good?

I have heard both positive and negative feedback on Rotel by various dealers? I cannot find any reviews on Rotel...can anyone shed any light on the subject, please? Thanks in advance!
fogtownrog
Rotel amplifiers are simply amazing for their price, as I have discovered on two past purchases. Connected to a quality preamp like ARC it is like letting the music out of the box, keeping up with the front end improvements. Granted there are better but at many times the price!
The RMB-1095 is at the center of my multi-channel system. I've never considered upgrading it.
It's good for money. You won't find any amp better then rotel RB 1090 with $2k . Don't compare them with Mark levinson, Krell , Plinius....
If Rotel is what you can afford, go for it. If you can afford even 50% more, don't buy it. There are infinitely better products out there for the money. Clearly identify what your power needs are and don't spend money on wasted watts and go for lower output and quality instead.
Elinor,
If he CAN afford 50% more ($3K), what should he consider? Curious to know... Maybe a VK-220 from Balanced Audio Technology?

Cheers.