ARCAM CD23 Transformer Buzzzzzzzzz

My CD23 is buzzing - I am assuming it is the transformer. The buzz occurs even though the power button is OFF, but stops when I pull the plug. AC is measuring no abnormal voltage. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know where I can get a replacement transformer? While I'm at it...anyone had their player modified?

John
128x128seasoned
Also cd 92 had the hum,its from being in standby mode.Noise was inconsistent in models some loud,some not loud but a wee bit noticeable,when they went to the T models they dropped the standby on them.
Never had a transformer buzz in my cd23. Had a couple arcam alpha 10 amps that both buzzed, quite loud sometimes, until I tightened up my neutral connections in my circuit breaker panel. This completely fixed the problem. AC appeared fine on my voltmeter and no other household electronics showed any indication of an issue. Might be worth schleping the 23 over to your neighbors house and plugging it in. FWIW.
I have a FMJ33. The transformer noise can be hearded at close distance (1 feet) to the CD player. My friend used to have the same transformer noise with his previous FMJ33 player, too. So, I assume it is a normal transformer noise. The noise only occurs when I turn the CD player on.

If you find more information on Arcam tranformer problem and replacement, please keep us posted. Thanks.
i experienced NO noise on my arcam fmj cd23 but I had it plugged on a furman power conditioner.
Yup, my transformer has buzzed since day 1. Of course, it's most noticeable when in standby mode. I assume noisy AC will increase this sound. Try fiddling with a dimmer switch nearby (if youhave one). You will notice a change in the tone and amplitude of the humm.

The humm has never been a sonic issue when listening to my 23.

B