Applications of USB 3.0 in Music Storage.

Novice here about PC Audio. Having a Computer built around my specifications. PC will utilize USB 3.0, along with USB 2.0. I wish to utilize PC Hard Drive for Music Storage, and playback via USB to SPDIF,AES/EBU Converter to Digital Input on favorite DAC. Any USB Converters available that can utilize PC USB 3.0 Output? Has anyone tried Music Storage on External Hard Drive utilizing USB 3.0 connection to PC? Any comments on Sound Quality utlizing USB 3.0?
pettyofficer
USB 3.0 is basically faster USB 2.0. Unless you need the extra speed/bandwidth, USB 3.0 won't give anything more than USB 2.0 wrt music playback. USB 2.0 disk drives work just fine for storing musics files so USB 3.0 should work just fine, too. USB hardware doesn't have any impact on music quality unless the hardware is broken. USB is just a data bus.
Thanks Larry_s. I keep coming across USB Input DAC's that claim that their highest sampling rate that their USB Input can handle is 24/96, even though they may have a 24/196 D/A built in. One High End Manufacturer even claimed that their USB Input can only handle sampling rates between 38 to 48 kHz, CD being 44.1. Their DAC still utilizes a 24/196 D/A Converter. They claim that the problem is the limited bandwidth of USB 2.0. I can't even find a USB to SPDIF Converter that the Manufacturer claims can handle 24/196 Music Files. The best that I can find are Converters that claim to handle 24/96, and that's it.
Still a Novice at this, but why no 24/196? Any Converters and DAC's whose USB Input can handle 24/196 Music Files?
USB 2.0 has enough through-put to handle 24 bit / 192 kHz files, it's just that many implementations are lacking, which cause the max data through-put to decrease significantly. The M2tech Hi-face is a USB to S/PDIF device, and it handles stereo files up to and including 24/192.
Thanks Jasonsobel. Everything that I could gather on the M2tech Website claimed 24 bit/96 kHz capability only, figured that this was as high as it could go.
Are you sure you want to dedicate yourself to USB? Is USB the best connection for audio?