Apple TV and High Res Audio 24 bit / 96 kHz

Does anyone know for sure what bit depths and sample rates Apple TV will output through its optical port? I have a growing collection of high resolution audio files (24 bit / 96 kHz and better) that I have either bought from Linn Records, or produced myself (I have a small project studio). I can definitely tell the difference between 24 bit and 16 bit and between 44kHz and 96kHz (particularly on classical and jazz recordings). For the sake of convenience, I'd like to stream my audio to an Apple TV in another room, where I have my large listening system. I will use a Krell HTS 7.1 as the DAC. Before I go this way, I'd like to know if anyone knows for sure whether the Apple TV will pass through full resolution data. If it does not, does it merely truncate the data, or does it dither the audio streams down to 16 bit / 44kHz? Thanks very much.
sunjitwhy
Thanks. That is what I feared, and it is a shame. The question then becomes whether high res files (24bit/44kHz or 24 bit/96kHz) are properly "dithered" down, or just truncated. If truncated, the sound is bound to be worse than CD quality.