Anyone Switch from Electrostatic/Planar to Dynamic

I was wondering if anyone has switched from Electrostatic/Planar speakers to traditional dynamic speakers and if so, from what to what and why? Thanx!
ericpsych
I used to listen to a pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers, I still own them. Anyway the speakers sound beautiful but they are so laidback to the point of being flat out lazy. It takes an enormous amount of power to wake them up and even then they are still laidback. Listening to them was a frustration for me.

My current speakers are Thiel CS2.3.
I had Quad 64 years ago with EAR 519 monos. I spent a lot of time servicing them and never got to pair them with a good sub and a good "super tweeter" (difficult in those times). Did get some arcici stands though. Changed to Apogee for some time, then to active Audoexklusiv (a german offering w/ 175 W OTL per side). With the latter, extension was good, both highs and lows -- but spls were still lacking esp. in the bass. I was planning on getting a second pair for the mid-bass with their own el. c/over -- but had to sell everything, due to dire financial straits.
So, for 4 yrs now I'm with dynamic -- after +10 yrs with stators etc.

I still miss the speed, mid-range purity (strings and vocals!), though.
Sold my 2+2's after about 15 years of use and got a used pair of Snell Model B's. I loved my panels, but they just got to taking up too much room, especially with the VMPS subs that I used with them. I really think the sound with the subs was great, but the setup got so complex and large that it was just a hassle. Besides, the Snells are every bit as good in the mids, image better, have a much wider listening position and have incredible low and mid bass. They make brass instruments sound real, which was something I thought the Acoustats did real well. Anyway, I have not regretted the change, but you do need to get a speaker that does the mids right or you won't be happy.
i went from sound labs to utopias. in many ways i miss the labs. they have a very eerie sound. i could live with sound labs or utopias till the end of time. they both have their stengths and weaknesses.
Comchenry, Isn't it amazing what that change will do and Ain't Northcreek great! Their crossovers (caps and coils) will improve almost anybody's life. I build a few of my own speakers based on George Short's designs and he deserves some credit.