Anyone remember speakers by Kindel Audio?

I owned 2 different pairs of Kindel speakers, the Phantom and the PLS-a, a friend still has the PLS-a's and they still sound fantastic. Am I the only one who was into these? Bill Kindel is a talented speaker designer. Seems like with the demand for speakers that are efficent the PLS-a at 94db would be great for SET guys. They were an 8ohm nominal load but do have a dip to 2ohms. This may drive some SET amp nuts. The PLS-a is big(130 lbs. each) and dynamic! The Phantom was a smaller speaker for a more intemate listening room. They had fabulas sound and were very transparent! I miss them sometimes.
maxgain
Hi!! I more than remember them.... as I'm only 19, I'm using them!!! I'm a nerdy audio engineer type that went ahead and used the balanced output of my interface, split it in half to feed the stereo amp pairs in two Adcom 2535's... (4 channel amp aka two stereo pairs)

I have it arranged so that side A does bridged amp work on the lows and side b does work on the highs, one big amp box per speaker!!! that way I figured I could get the greatest separation (left and right are on fully independent power supplies) and most efficiency out of my amp... a plus is that this set up has an almost infinite noise floor!!! 

it's techy nonsence but when paired up with my 20ms dsp-delayed home brewed dipoles I get mind altering imaging....

I hope to be rebuilding these speakers with those cool linkwitz riley active analogue crossovers, and giving them proper zobel filters but that wont be for another few years... for now theyre being used to catch me up with anime :)

Thanks, Skaterdude50 for reviving this thread - I might otherwise not have known to look for it.  I have a pair of Kindel Purist LT's that I enjoy listening to every day.  I purchased them many years ago from an individual who had been employed at a stereo dealer where Kindel was one of their lines.  He had upgraded the crossover capacitors as well as the internal wiring.  The Purist LT's use two 6-1/2" woofers with a soft dome tweeter in a D'Appolito configuration and also have an 8" passive radiator.  The were given a pretty favorable review in the February '88 edition of Stereophile, wherein it was stated "the greatest strength of the LT's is, in my judgement, balance.  They lack the last word in openness and transparency, yet have good, unexaggerated detail.  They don't overwhelm you with presence or sock; they refuse to hype any aspect of the sound, and never offend.  They aren't dramatic in sense of depth or imaging, yet do present a good soundstage."  These haven't been my only speakers in all that time, but they have been, for me, the most consistently enjoyable.  Best of luck with your project and please provide some updates on the results!
I just recently got my hands on Kindel Purist. Will hook them up to see how they sound.
Troy:  Having a pair of Purist LT's myself, I'll be very interested in your assessment.  I've owned mine a long time - I had already purchased mine prior to the aforementioned Stereophile review coming out.  It was nice seeing the positive comments at the time, and I kept (and still have) that issue.  Although they have sometimes gone back in their boxes when other speakers stepped in, they are the ones I've hung on to and are currently my primary speakers again.  I've always felt that they did extremely well within their limits - the bass rolls off pretty rapidly somewhere around 40 hz, and they definitely are not candidates for trying to reproduce concert sound levels.  However, given compatible program material, and particularly with female vocals or jazz, I believe you will find that they can really sing.
I own a pair of PLS-A s part of my surround and stereo system. Have them linked up with a Aragon 8008x3 and three Aragon 4004s Older Aragon Stage 1 and had a cable made divide up all the channels out of the Stage 1. 2 B&W THX for center 2 for the sides and two for the rears. For records Sony P/S-X6 with a Grado into Magus Tube pre amp and run a single 4004 into the Kindel's for that. Old but classic. They lack a little deep base but not enough to run a Sub 

pre