Anyone have Bookshelf speakers mounted over top of their subs??

Like the title says, I was wondering if many have done this to get a true stereo sound with dual subs, and bookshelf speakers?  My current set up is SVS ultra bookshelves, and 1 SVS sb2000 for now, adding another sub soon. I would like to build speaker stands to where the subs slide under the bookshelf speakers, and I haven't seen it done anywhere, just wondering if it is an idea worth pursuit?
musicjones
@auxinput,  I have already purchased batts of Roxul,  and some 1x3 select pine for the framing. Going to give that a go. 
Also, please excuse my ignorance here, but what does EQ stand for in this context . My thoughts are Equalizer, and Equipment, but I don't think I'm right. I have a lot to learn.
@musicjones - great!  Oh, another suggestion.  When you put together your panels, do NOT put a flat board on the backside (like a 1/4" plywood).  Any sort of flat board on the back will resonate and it will sound like a bad echo.  A 1x3 frame around the outside is just fine.
I was going to put a very thin cloth layer on the back side just to make a barrier between the insulation and my sheet rock walls . I do not know the correct term for it but I'm pretty sure the fabric store will have something along those lines