Anyone has heard the Paradigm S8 and can comment ?

Just wondering (kind of).
papitwinki
I listened to them in our home side by side with the Studio 100 V3s we owned at the time. They were an integral improvement over the 100s, with more detail and high end smoothness. Their bass extension was also better. The soundstaging capabilities seemed similar between the two sets of speakers. The difference was insufficiently compelling to trigger their purchase, but I thought that they were a very solid and respectable speaker, with no glaring weaknesses. The final answer will come only when you listen for yourself.

From a practical standpoint, I'd certainly say that they're at LEAST worthy of an audition. They are far better than a lot of other speakers that I've heard, but they should be at their price point.
I had the exact oppisite xperience. Heard them with some Mac tube gear. No detail, poor imaging and very muddy. The room was not the greatest but, even considering that, they were bad. Much better out there for the same price.
So many different experiences. I own the S4s and find the highs to be very clean and not bright at all. Also oustanding imaging. Originally was driving them with an Anthem amp but recently moved up to a Pass X250.5.
The S8's are a fine speaker at their price point. They benefit greatly being driven by a high current amp. Listening to them with anything less will present you with a much thinner, less cohesive soundstage and a resulting tilt toward the top end.

Its all about image. Nobody buys the signature line because everyone thinks of paradigm as entry to hi end. Truth is there signature line destroys most speakers at double the price.