anyone had a listen to the b w 803d's

Went to dealer in tucson,bad room,bad equipment driving them..
duc999
I agree 100% with S7horton. They are a good speaker and I have liked them every time I have heard them (even on cheap rotel stuff). But there are better deals out there.

To me B&W (I have owned a few) have a slight coloration in the upper mids. But that can also give them a very sweet lush sound. I feel the highs on the all the Ds are top notch and possibly of my favoritt of any brand.

There are some used Wilson Sophias on here for $6,000 which IMO would better the 803Ds.

As always uses your own ears.
The 803Ds are amazing speakers, but the 802Ds are better. Best to listen to them in your own room, if possible.
I have thought about the sophias,just worried my room is to small for them and im running a jefrowland M112,if it would have the power to drive them the way i want.
yes i have heard the 802d's there just more then i want to spend, im looking to spend 6k-on used.
I have to strongly disagree with those referring to B&W as a dinosaur brand living off it's reputation .Few others spend the resources on R+D that B&W does.I can almost bet we will see a completely revamped line for the B&W 800 series within a year or so.Now, back to the original question.I had the 803D for about a year. They are good speakers and very well balanced but I agree almost all B+Ws are overpriced. However at around 5-6K used you can't go wrong.