Anyone else like to Listen in the Dark?

Thats right! With the lights off...! I guess this habit started once I went completely tubes! Besides beauty of the warming blue, purple, and orange glow...I can be taken away more easily by the music in the dark. I enter dream like states and my imagination runs wild. The music simply takes control and moves me!
Ag insider logo xs@2xsquiddy
I almost always listen to music in the dark. The soundstage is much more vivid that way. Whenever someone wants a demo of my system, I play a few cuts with the lights on, then turn the lights off and play Cantate Domino track #5 ("Hosianna"). After the music ends and I have turned the lights back on, the universal response has been a few seconds of stunned silence, then "Wow!". That's when they understand why I'm into this hobby.
Funny story about that. About 20 years ago, when my best friend and I first discovered/fell victim to the arms race of high end audio (you've got Yamaha Natural Sound and Advents? I've got NAD and Infinity's), we used to listen in the dark, together. His Dad would come into the room, and I swear he thought we were gay (not that there is anything wrong with that). I can still remember listening to Kate Bush "The Dreaming" with those little red lights glowing on my friend's NAD and walking home SCARED TO DEATH from that song "Get Out of My House." A little to much perspective, as stated by the immortal Spinal Tap.
Funny story about that. About 20 years ago, when my best friend and I first discovered/fell victim to the arms race of high end audio (you've got Yamaha Natural Sound and Advents? I've got NAD and Infinity's), we used to listen in the dark, together. His Dad would come into the room, and I swear he thought we were gay (not that there is anything wrong with that). I can still remember listening to Kate Bush "The Dreaming" with those little red lights glowing on my friend's NAD and walking home SCARED TO DEATH from that song "Get Out of My House." A little to much perspective, as stated by the immortal Spinal Tap.