Anybody tried EMM DCC2 into preamp?

I use an Esoteric DV-50 as CDP. I love the Atma-Sphere MP-1/MA 2.2 (mod) combination/synergy and would hate to give up the MP-1, but want the best possible digital source, which is clearly the EMM DCC2 (+ transport).
I know that this unit functions as a preamp too and could make my MP-1 redundant. Has anyone used the DCC2 with a high quality preamp, eg Atma-Sphere, Aesthetix, etc instead of just straight into the amp, which is obviously more logical? Is there any chance that the synergy of the Atma-Sphere preamp/amp will even improve the sound of the DCC2 (+ EMM transport)? Anybody done that yet?
springbok10
By the way, don't let my posts in any way detract from the amazing clarity, finesse, low-level detail and silky richness that the EMM combination imparts to the music. And there's no background noise. Eerily quiet.It's quite stunning. Just more so through the Atma-sphere preamp.................
I have the DCC2/CDSD as a digital source. About 6 months ago, I compared the preamp of the DCC2 to my tubed preamp, AudioNote M-10. At that time, I preferred the M-10 (more soundspace, air, weight.) When I posted my observation, it was suggested that the DCC2 preamp was not broken and perhaps it was not a fair comparison. For the last 3 months I have been without my M-10 (being modified by AN.) Thus I have using and very much enjoying the DCC2 as a preamp exclusively. With time, the staging improved and the music developed more weight. I recently got my M-10 back and put it back into my system. To my ears, IMS, the M-10 was still much more preferable with the same comparative observations. However, I really enjoy the DCC2 preamp and would be happy to use it. BTW, my amps are 45 SETs with my speakers actively biamped.
This issue kind of reminds me of the "surround sound" button on my Sony receiver. Activated you get the body, soundspace and weight. I personaly prefer the transparency rather than perhaps the added "coloration". As JJWA pointed out "....which is the true representation...."
The DCC2 is obviously very good--for solid-state. But it doesn't cut the mustard. You need a tubed preamp. Or, alternatively, a tubed amp--something I have not tried. But my results were the same as Springbok's--night and day, even with tubed amps that were not state of the art.
Gladstone, interesting suggestion. What is the sound effect of a TUBED AMP with solid state preamp compared to a TUBED PREAMP with solid state amp? or both tubed?