Anybody prefer JL Audio or Velodyne subs for rock?

Hi audiophiles, I'm looking to add a sub to my 2-channel audio system, and I wanna rock! My components are McIntosh MC252/C46, etc..., speakers are Klipsch La Scala II so high DB output sub is preferred. Has anybody heard both the JL Audio F113 and Velodyne DD18 and care to comment? I'm also considering a JL F212 but the beast weighs in over 220 lbs, and the price tag is heavy too. FYI- Velodyne has a special offer: good thru the end of April you can get a new DD18 for $3K, this offer should be good at most or all Velo dealers.
bradleyc
have 2 jl audio f113 in my 2ch system and one in my HT system --best sub I have ever owned--have a friend who has compared the velodyne dd18 to the jlf113 and favored the jl -113---can't lose either way --I favor 2 subs for 2ch
I really appreciate all of these great responses to my question, your information is very valuable towards helping me arrive at a final decision. The Velo dealer around here doesn't have any DD's on display, and there are no JL dealers here yet, but so far sounds like a person can't go wrong with either sub. The SVS looks like another viable option, looking forward to more responses. Thank you all for sharing your time, knowledge and listening preferences with me.
The Jl Audio's are built for your request. I use two of the F113's. They can pound it out with finesse. Live rock concert sound. Very tight detailed and extended. No overhang puffs. You want to hear what Tommy Stewart and Shannon Larkin sound like from Godsmack? Neil Peart sounds amazing as well.