Anybody else heard the Avalon Acoustics Isis?

I spent a delightful afternoon on friday listening to the Avalon Acoustics Isis speakers. These retail for $62000.00, so I was expecting a high level of performance, but was still surprised at how wonderful these speakers were at creating the sound of real music.

Even though this was in a store environment with electronics that are not my favorite cup of sonic tea, current Mark Levinson gear, the Isis's offered the following:

1) I'm quite enamored of the type of soundstage and natural layering that planer dipolar speakers provide, my home reference are MG-20's, the Isis was one of the few box enclosure speakers that offered this type of illusion regarding space. They just did not disappear, but offered this very natural 3D imaging without making individual players sound like "cutouts" against a background, but layering in a very natural way that sounds more like live music.

2) Great macrodynamics and resolution without sounding etched or in your face, and this was with electronics that I personnally don't find to be very musical! I would want to hear these speakers with a great tube pre and SS amps like Pass Labs XA's.

3) The whole sonic presentation was seemless, again reminding me of what great planer speakers have to offer, with a quick and rock solid bottom end.

I have listened to Wilson's, Kharma's, B&W's, Magico's, Dali's reference speakers on other occasions, and I was not as impressed as I was yesterday. Am I trading my MG-20's for the Isis's, no but if you have a chance to hear them I think you find it a very enjoyable experience.
teajay
For those hobbyists stating they feel the Isis is better sounding than something like the Eidolon Diamonds....what specifically are you referring to?
Are you referring to greater dynamics(room volume specifically influences which speaker would perform best,I assume)?Deeper bass?Louder?More palpable?...Most importantly,does the Isis actually "reproduce information that the Eidolon Diamond "DOES NOT"?Or better timbrel/harmonic info(amp/pre influences this alot,amongst other ancillaries)?
I believe that each speaker would serve a different room volume best.Unless the Isis reproduces "more" information than the Eidolon Diamond,than it seems it was designed to serve "music" better in a larger venue!Then and again,many folks prefer louder,and interpret "it" as better!MBL has always overpowered the room,with absurd volumes,and totally incoherent bass at all show demonstrations I have heard,yet many folks love the 101E's.Sorry if this seems harsh.I don't mean it as criticism of any person,in particular.
Just my opinion,and I am in no way trying to be disagreeable.
Best.
Dazzdax and Sirspeedy, I would like to address both of your comments about the 101E's and the rock concert volume levels they are demonstated at during shows. This is true, and I did voice this criticism to the MBL personnel doing the demo's when I was there. They were more than accomodating at playing whatever I wanted at whatever volune I wanted which I took them up on. The results to my ear were just as pleasing at low volumes. This really surprised me. I suspect it might surprise you if you had the opportunity to hear them at low volumes as I did. All I can say is that they sounded just as good on low volume intimate chamber music as it did on rock concert stadium volumes.
I have a system similar to Strapper. Tube amps and preamp. My room is 27 by 35 feet with 12 foot ceilings. The sound fills the room without any issues and the speaker disappears completely. The soundstage is 35 feet wide and over 10 feet deep. I have owned X1s and many other speakers. I have also heard almost everything else. These are in a league of their own. Very musical, non-fatiguing, natural and uncanny in the imaging and soundstage. The images are appropriately sized and placed and go 10 to the side of the speakers. They are shockingly good but they must be properly placed in your room. Placement makes a hugh difference. Once it is right, sit back and enjoy. I am completely happy with this product.
Hi,I would like to make a comment.As for the Isis vs the Diamond it is a whole different world,It does everthing better.I could fill a page with the differences but the only thing I would not do is put the isis in a room that is say 12x20 or smaller,it will play fine but you will not get the most out of them.Electronicbliss is right placement is everthing and also when they are in their final position and toe-in is right you should laser level them,it makes a big difference.I have heard most of the major contenders and none have tempted me to change the Isis,the only speaker that is interesting is the rockport altair,which I have not heard.All the big speaker have their strong points but to me none sound more like music then a properly set up Isis.
Robert
Hate to continue comments on MBL 101E but I think I need to respond to Dev adn Sydsrig's questions.

Dev, Looking back on the auditions at two different set ups many time last year, I am not sure which components of all MBL system contributes to my perception of Mettalic or excessive upper mids/low highs sound. Digital front end or the 101Es. In any case at times, with right material, the system sounded uncannily life like, err in a lively amplied way. But alas with only select few cds. The strongest suit of MBL 101Es was the bass/mid bass, so much filled with life like nuances, definition and dynamics. Another aspect was the unusually high soundstage of this system. Same system when heard later this year in well designed 'large' room sounded easily acceptable and less metallic. Trust me I love MBL electronics(preamp/amps) and am not trying to bash MBLs. In fact I am thinkibg I may be able to get in to 101Es, with right front ends. The smaller MBLs 116 (?) did always sounded good to me.

Sydsrig,
The other amps auditioned was Pass Labs X250 and sounded equal or little better than the MBL 9008 in stereo mode(not monos). I found the set up lacking in lower freq range and sound to be rather boxey. IMHO of course.