Any recent experiences with the Mark levinson 512

I am contemplating the possible purchase of an ML512 and would very much appreciate any comments from 512 owners pertaining to performance, problems, etc.
I have read the older previous post and was looking for more recent feedback. Many thanks for your time.
rwherbster
In the end I had no further trouble with 512 and bought it on the strength of its CD playback. As a matter of interest, as part of my research, I took the digital out from the 512 and ran it through a Berkeley Alpha Dac direct to the amps. The Berkeley was warmer but didn't have nearly the same clarity or sense of live presence, of harmonic and dynamic detail, the 512 gave the same material. Of course there was also an extra set of cables interposed, quality Harmonic Tech with AES ends, so they may or may not have contributed to the Alpha Dac not equalling the 512. Hope you've had some success in your decision making Rwherbster.
Very recently I've heard the 512 it is a very good player among the best but in my friend's house a group of friends made A/B comparison thoroughly with the set dcs puccini&uclock and it was obvious to all participants that dcs gear was superior. Furthermore in soundstage, bass, dynamics, big orchestras the difference was pretty amazing for dcs gear.
The system was ML326S preamp, Plinius sa103 monoblocks, Revel's latst top speakers. The cables from full Harmonix loom and also changed to Stealth loom with same findings.
The supremacy of dcs puccini&uclock was equall in red book pcm and sacd playback.
In Europe it make sense such comparison because you can find the dcs combo in competitve price range with ML512.
Also with dcs combo someone has computer audiophile access in contrary with ML512.
I would like to thank both of you gentleman for your enlightened remarks, however I think for the time being I will stay put with my Meridian 808.2. After much thought I just do not feel comfortable with the current Levinson situation. They have lost so many talented people, moved operations countless times, no longer do their own service work and it appears they have had a diminishing dealer base. I have been a loyal Levinson customer since the mid 80s but will take a wait and see approach before making this change. Many thanks, Ron