Any Piega p 10 users out there?

I own a pair of P10's and have been changing equiptment frequently. Anyone found a great matchup for these? Tubes or solid state? Which sounds better to your ears? Thanks.
Regards, kale
streetdaddy
Allegro12: I assure you the sound of violins on the P10's is exceptional. One piece that comes to mind is Haydn's Opus 76 performed by Quatuor Msaiques. The timberal accuracy is amazing as well as the inner detail and texture of the instruments.

The caveat with these speakers is the break-in. I really was excited by them upon the first few seconds of listening, however, until there were appoximately 600+ hours on them, there was slight fatigue. Once they are fully broken in, the sound is natural and heavenly.

If you do not have a local dealer, I may be able to setup an audition for you. Let me know if I can help.
JTinn.....600 hours! Well....with my present speakers I figure I've had fatigue for 2 years..so what's another
6 months....I heard a speaker last month that I loved except for a *tinge* of concern...I need to know if it can be bettered....
Price-wise the P5's would be my limited (actually it's stretching my limit) and I've got this douzy of a room...
http://www.geocities.com/sundaesundaesundae/audio.html
think the 5's could work?
The p5 ltd is very much like a p-10 or p-8 limited in as much as they produce the same musical magic in a different look.The mid ribbon and tweeter are the same but the speaker has the metal look to conform to a ultra moderm environment.Very careful matching of components and drivers,WBT input terminals and the same switching for bass and mid treble make the speaker super room friendly.It also presents a nice look being 5.5 ft in height and providing a small footprint.It comes with a special stand if you want to make it more secure for more playful environs, say with pets or children.Ask Johnathan about the review samples which will be available in a month or so.Hope this helps. You may now hear the speaker in Southwest Florida and central California.There will be a show in conjunction with the Greensboro N.C. newspaper to feature all Piega in a dvd-a system for a piece in the paper in mid May.Hope these locations help you hear our speakers.Sanibel Sound

Hey Sanibelsound,

Can you tell us where the show in Greensboro will be, and where exactly? I live in North Carolina and might be able to go down for it. Is there a Piega dealer in North Carolina?
The seminar will be as follows.On Saturday the 25th of May at 1:00pm it will open to highlite the article from the previous week in the Greensboro newspaper written by Jerry Wolford.It will feature a system compiled by Sanibel Sound consisting of Piega Loudspeakers in two configurations.At present we are planning to show P-5 ltd front and rear with subwoofer and center also by Piega.It may include side speakers so we can use some dedicated 6 channel recordings.Amplification will be Chapter Audio,Aloia and AVM with line treatment by Fisch,Audio Tekne ,and Goldmund.Cables by Piega , Audio Tekne ,and Goldmund.
As an alternate system we plan a cost no object 2 channel system shown in the U.S. for the first time.Also as a show highlite Jeff Fritz of "SoundStage" will give a extended talk on multichannel audio at 3:30 pm.This entire event is completly open to the public and we hope for great attendence.Please come early so you can audition both systems and have a good seat for the Q&A.The author of the article will also speak and there will be plenty of interesting software and equipment to ensure a truly interesting Audiophile experience.
The first session will close at 5:00 pm and we will break for an hour for dinner.At 6:00 until we will again show both systems and have a general social evening again open to the public but also consisting of existing customers of several Sanibel dealers who will receive mailings for the event.
The event takes place at the Sheraton at Four Seasons off of interstate 40.We will give directions and the specific room locations in future postings on numerous websites and zines.You may also call 18005316886 for more information.
I should also mention that the 2 channel system is pure tube heaven for all the bottleheads to enjoy.Please try to attend we look foward to meeting everyone.
Sanibel Sound