Any insights on MBL 101 D Loudspeakers

Has anyone listened to the MBL 101D loudspeakers?
seadogs1
Try German Physiks with a sub. More dynamics better sound and less amplifier. They sound most beautiful. I heard the MBL at ces 2k and I prefered the German Physiks. I like dynamic music with realistic highs realistic spl's.

Kelton
1. The latest version is 101E, which looks very similar to 101D, except the bass unit is shorter and squatter making the speaker looks fatter. Soundwise, it is said to be an improvement, but no chance to do an a/b yet.

2. Disagree 101D lacks dynamic contrasts. It can go from being eerily silent to earth-shattering bass, on top of its other attributes like deep and wide soundstage, realistic presentation etc (although in my view it does not produce the deep deep bass some are used to or expect from buying such expensive speakers).

3. yes its very power hungry, the more juice the better. i recall an old review of 101D in the absolute sound where they teamed it up with a not so powerful amp resulting in not so great result.

it sounds great with mbl amps and you can really turn it up and hear it go. dont have much chance to hear it paired up with other amps.

4. hope there would be many used 101D in the market but i dont see that many in the 1st place. i see an old 101C on audiogon still unsold. plus those puppies weigh a ton in their crates and its not easy to ship or deliver.
Absolutely, I agree with Ckp!!!
I have a MBL 111 B (latest version) with 9010 c (MBL amplifier) and the sound is marvellous!!! the dynamic contrasts are incredible!!!
Hi ckp,
My sistem:
audio aero capitole mk II
pre MBL 6010 D (TOP)
power amp 9010 C
speakers 111B S1
interconnect VD
speaker cables FADEL ART GOLDLINE
avid
Wonderful!!! ;-)))))