Any comment on Opera Audio Consonance M15 speakers

I would like to get comments on Opera Audio Consonance M15 horn speakers,I have never used horn speakers yet,my power amp is Leben CS660 (2x40 watts,uses KT66 tubes)though I am happy with my Coincident Total Eclipse II speakers,my local dealer have made a demo with M15s and I am very impressed of their performance
I thank you in advance
ben
The man him self.......thanks Joe for outstanding service and always there when someone needs advice.
Mariusz

P.S
Joe have you heard about new Cybers 800 ???

Ben,
Sorry for question not on topic but could not help it.
Hello, Mariusz, I wish you and your family the happiest of holiday seasons. Actually, you were far more informative than I about the M15.

I wasn't aware there is a new Consonance Cyber 800, unless it is the product I am currently representing. This will be the amplifier we feature at CES 2008, we will be at THE Show.

One thing I neglected to mention to Ben is that my own longtime reference loudspeakers are Coincidents. It is a model that has not been manufactured for a while, the Digital Master w/Troubass subwoofers. Think of a lower power tube friendly WATT/Puppy design. My very close friend, Bill Legall of Millersound, modified them for me. They'll probably be with me forever.

At any rate, I am quite familiar with Coincident loudspeakers, and can compare/contrast them the to M15, which I also own. In my opinion, along with the Triumph, the Total Eclipse is the best of Israel Blume's newer (2000 - present) designs. For what it's worth, I've not heard the Grand Victory or newer, much higher priced Total Victory ($24K Reference?) models, so please factor that into things.

More or less, it comes down to the classic differences inherent in both front horn-loaded and dynamic loudspeakers. Both speakers give their best in larger rooms, and despite what most say, I believe both benefit from a bit of power - particularly, transformer coupled tube amplification. The M15 is richer, warmer, and a bit more forgiving. The Coincidents have a more open, detailed sound, with more precise image placement. The Coincidents will produce tighter, more extended low frequencies, while the M15 offers a bigger, more grandiose presentation. You have to be a bit careful with amplification, cable, and the room (especially) so as to avoid the Coincidents coming off as overly forward or bright in the presence region. Provided you do that, you'll also enjoy the Coincidents producing a sweet treble for you. Likewise, as we discussed previously, I believe you need to be cognizant of providing enough power to get the M15 to come alive. Otherwise, they can sound sluggish, and in my opinion, fall behind the pace of the music. And, the room - loudspeaker interface being especially critical with both of these products, the need to ensure the M15 have enough breathing room to play is most important.

All the best to everyone this Christmas and New Year,
Joe
Trelja,your detailed comparison answered more than I ask,I really thank you.
I agree with you that both speakers are very very good contender for tube power amp and big listening room owners.
I will first replace Solen caps with Jantzen Z superior caps at the crossover of TE
than I will see what direction I would go.
Thank you Joe and Merry Chrisrmas to you and your family.
I will see you in Vegas Joe.

In regards to Cyber 800, as far as I know it will it will have a switch for pure class A operation at about 40wpc.

Cheers
It will be a true pleasure to meet you in Las Vegas, Mariusz! I'm really looking forward to meeting you, and thanking you in person for all of the kindness and support you've been gracious enough to provide to us.

It's funny that you've brought up the Cyber 800 being offered in pure Class A operation, as it's one of the ideas I've been discussing with Consonance. Another thing I'd like to do is to move to a manual bias scheme so that we can use other output tubes, such as 6550/KT88 for people who would like to have that flexibility.

We'll be featuring this amplifier at THE Show, along with our new mini Droplet CD player, and the preamplifier and loudspeakers from a very close friend of mine. Should be a really fun time out there.