Amplifiers:A Keeper for Life. Do you know of one ?

Just wondering, with this audio merry-go-round of buying and selling, if anyone has an amp that will be a keeper for life. I haven't yet but came verrrry close once...
sonicbeauty
I used to think my ARC D70MK2 was just right. Beat all competitors under $5 in my system but then I heard the Joule Stargates. 25W of SET beauty. Almost a Lamm knock-off, Joule was trying to get OTL sound from SET and they were very successful at it. Unfortunately the amp was too expensive to produce and didn't sell well so they discontinued it to focus exclusively on their OTLs. They come up used on Audiogon occasionally.
Dhcod, I've read many similar comments about the ARC D70 Mk2, including from a member who happens to be an authorized ARC repair tech. I wonder if ARC can recondition old D70 units and bring them up to original spec??

I ask because the D70 might make a nice gift for my son. His current amp is a reconditioned Crown DC 300-A. The preamp is an ARC SP-9 Mk I, which I recall was just an "ok" pre.

Anyone have any thoughts about whether the ARC D70 is a better sounding amp than a reconditioned Crown DC 300-A?? Sorry if that's a dumb Q.
I have an Aragon 4004 MkII that I bought used in 1992. It has given me flawless service for more than 20yrs despite the fact it has never been in the shop for so much as a cleaning. Has driven many different sets of speakers with total authority over the years.
Clayton M300 and M200 in the SS area. I do like the ASR but always felt the Clayton had more Raw Power to them.