Amphion Loudspeakers

Has anyone heard these? Is there a distributer in the United States. Reviews in Sounstage and Audiophilia suggest these are pretty special speakers for the money.
tbadder
Hello, I just must comment on Sunnyjim's evaluation of speakers in his post he says ''and so you have another speaker that sounds like Mission, Energy, Verity, Paradign'' ...I almost chocked reading this. Sorry to deceive you Jim, but Verity is in a class way above Mission, Energy and Paradigm. These last 3 manufacturers are mid-fi border high-end and somewhat generic, having the same ''National Reseach Council of Canada sound''

Verity is a true high-ender. Maybe you were reffering to the lowest priced Verity Audio Tamino, but it's still a ''baby BENZ'' where even the flagship products of Para, Energy and Mission will always point to a Chevrolet. Another point on which I am very strongly in disagreement here. Wide distribution does not necessarily equate quality. There are DOZENS of speaker manufacturers that beat the pants off the the ProAc's of the audio world. Unfortunately,sometimes the talent of the engineers and artisans, are not matched buy their talent in marketing or setting up nationwide distribution network, nor do they have a large bank account.
Verity Audio, to name one, was still (and still is today) a relative obscure manufacturer even 4 years ago, even though their Parsifal speaker was used by Keith Jarret, David Chesky, and won best high-end speaker in Germany, and won best sound at show at the Montreal annual gathering.
"If you review the drivers used by Amphion, they are standard polyprolene units, and so you have another speaker that sounds like Mission, Energy, Verity, Paradign..."

Rrrright. =)

Anyways, my Argon2 sound nice. Krypton is amazing(should be! It costs ~10000 euro).
check out www.myquartet.com and the new review on the helium at www.stereophile.com .hope that help