Amp for Sonus Faber Cremoma M

I am looking to upgrade my amp for the mains to improve my 2 channel sound. I currently have an Emotiva XPA5 that I will continue to use for the center and rears when listening to concert DVD's or Sacd's

I am considering Emotiva XPA1 Mono Blocks @ 500 per channel / 1000 into 4 ohms for $2000.

Would I get better sound buying a higher end amp used,for example a Pass Labs x250.5, McIntosh MC205 or Krell Kav3250 which would also run my center for SACD's?

I appreciate the input as I have found that it is very difficult to demo amps side by side with the same speakers / electronics.
pkelly1504
Exactly, Gregm. You nailed it.

Yeah, Soulution is great stuff, but as you said, very expensive.

Sure, the Marantz sounds like a good choice. Nice amp. :D
Once again, if you're doing this on a budget, I have to put in for the Marantz PM8004. This is the lowest priced Marantz amp that uses their HDAM component which puts 70 dB of extremely fast, noise-free gain into the signal path. The amp section has an s/n of 125 dB and sounds like it. You want neutral, fast, extended, controlled, and detail you never heard before for less than $1K?

Marantz PM8004. Give one a listen.
I own the Marantz 8004 bought here,for a VERY reasonable $650 mint...it's sound is truly Hi End..IMO Plus an excellent phono stage for those who still spin....