Amp for Green Mountain Europa

... Building a new system around the Europa's; also Discovery Essence IC's, Sony TA E86B preamp( to be replaced in time), Tyler Reference subwoofer.

Someone I trust strongly suggests 125-150 watt Edge or Blue Circle for amp. Soundstage, imaging, detail, power reserve are important, plus other common attributes of a higher quality power source.

~$2000 budget, new or used. What other amps should be on my short list to take advantage of the full potential of the speaker? I would also appreciate comments from those with experience with the Europa's and the two amp families mentioned.

I live where there is little or no access to audition finer gear so my decision will be made based on literature and on info gained from this sort of feedback. Thanks.
wrayray
Hi Phase,

I have my second pair of Europas coming tomorrow. I agree
100% about them. Funny...no one ever told the Europa's
they were a small speaker. Don't give them a mirror! :o)
AWESOME!
Was wondering "which" Nordost cable you like with them, as
I like nordost also...very tranparent & fast cable. Can't
afford the top of the line though....Red Dawn good enough?? SPM?? Blue Heaven??

I am using Purist Audio Colossus now, and like them, but
need a longer cable (6'now) as I am spinning the room around
again. Also thinking about the Audience 24's. Loved them
but with another speaker.
I bought the Edge M-8 amp and T-3 preamp (tube) and will receive speakers and electronics next week. If anyone is interested, I will report my impressions as I ease into ownership and setup. Thank you all for your help.

As I stated early on, I am setting up this new system having had no opportunity to listen to any of these pieces. I consider the process an entertaining experiment informed by the research I've done on this and like forums elsewhere.

My compliments to RJ at Green Mountain and to everyone else who contributes to these dynamic collective bodies of opinion and experience.
Hi,

As a dealer for Green Mountain I would suggest one of the Belles Power Modules amps. We have been using the hybrid 250I with them and it is an amazing system. The Belles 150A Hot Rod mated with the Belles tube preamp also provides incredible performance. You can read a review of the Belles 350A amp used with Green Mountain speakers at Soundstage to get an idea of the presentation. Another excellent choice would be one of the solid state or tube amps from Consonance. The Consonance C-1(120watts) integrated driving the $7000 Lemniscus speakers was picked by Positive Feedback as one of the four best rooms at CES 2003. The Belles and Consonance amps like the Europas are overall highly musical and emotionally connect the listener to the music.They provide the "magic" that is missing in much of audio today.

Enjoy!
audiolon.com
I've tried two amps on the Europas, a VAC avatar and a Classe DR-9. Both work great...they are kinda a ying and yang of pedigree amp, the Classe giving a stronger (particularly bass), warmer (yes it's 'warmer' than the tubes) seemingly 'faster' presentation while the VAC has a smoother, more liquid, ambience.

Must first impression on hearing the speaker was "smooth" and the second was "clean". Great integration and transparency lets one really hear what behind the speakers.

Kudos to Roy at Green Mtn! Also to David Reich and Kevin Hayes for beautiful sound.

Peace be with you...
Dolphin- Temp homepage is up at our website.

Final production pix of the C-3 will be posted there late next week, as we will be shipping them by then.

Phasecorrect: I am not God- don't make that much money... but glad you like `em. Wait `till 1000 hours has elapsed.

Happy listening! May I recommend Etta James' Blue Gardenia CD?

Anyone have any concept of how best to deal with the idiots that pop up on Audio Asylum? I've tried a couple of times when related to GMA, but... (search "green mountain"-specific on the General Speakers forum) I don't know how anyone gets much useful info there. Oh well. Thank goodness for this asylum- Wrayray is right!

Best,
Roy