Airtech MG-1 - any experience?

I was exploring Arthur Salvatore's site last night and in the links section came across the Airtech MG-1. It's a linear tracker, sold direct at $299.

Has anyone seen and heard one?

Red
flyingred
Response to Flyingred

I was going to use a Grado Sonata. My current phono pre uses only high output MM Cartridges and I've been using this cartridge for a few months now and I've become accustomed to its sonics. It'll help me compare improvements from my previous setup.

I assume this cartridge body is probably on the heavier side compared to some of the other cartridges mentioned.
Yes, it's 6.5 grams, over 50% heavier than the Zyx, and it's slightly more compliant - 20 cu, which will also help in a lightish arm.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.
We'll I got it setup this weekend.
It was a challenge. Every setting must be precise and it is sensitive to minute changes.

I got some assistance from Outlier and from Ada himself on balancing and leveling.

There is a noticeable improvement in sonics as well as increase in soundstage.
I have not yet reached the optimum setup and I am sure there are other things I can fine tune.

I did find a problem with static electricity and grounding. Ada emailed me directly and gave me a few tips. I will try those suggestions this weekend.

I successfully placed the air pump in the adjoining room to quiet things down.

Overall, the arm is amazing.