Adcom 555se on a smart strip?

I'm thinking about a used Adcom 555se to power my new Ohm Walsh 4000s as recommended by John and Evan. This amp doesn't have a 12v trigger. My stereo "area" is the living room and the preamp will sit in the built-in cabinets next to the fireplace. I don't really want to put a high powered amp in the cabinet for ventilation reasons, so the basement seems like a good choice (and save space in the cabinets for more LPs). With no 12v trigger to power the amp on/off, I was thinking about having the preamp plugged into the control outlet of a smart power strip, and the amp plugged into one of the switched outlets. This will of course work for powering on, but I'm concerned about powering off. When powering off the preamp which will happen first, will it create a pop sound before the amp gets shut off? 

If this smart strip is a viable way to go in this situation, the used 555se will be a great cost savings. If not, I'll start looking at the Adcom 575se or maybe the Parasound A21+. 

Thanks guys and gals.
keysrawk
I like the idea of just letting this amp in the basement idea go and putting it in the cabinet. The fireplace is gas and doesn't heat up anything really well being a vented box, so it's probably just fine.

Another amp (integrated) that Ohm said to take a look at was the Peachtree Nova 300. I could switch gears entirely and go with this class D to really save on space. I've never heard a class D amp and i know it has it's share of haters, but I'm not sure it matters to me since I'm not a critical listener - I move about while the music is playing. I need tone controls though so I could but a Schiit Loki in the loop output it has - but I also need to feed a separate premap for the outdoor speakers with it, so perhaps I can just use a RCA splitter at the loop output to do that (it has preamp out but that's not good for feeding another volume control). I'm assuming the loop output on that unit has a fixed volume like a REC out.

So, now I'm debating the 555se in the cabinet, or switching to the Peachtree Nova 300. This seems to be an ever evolving research project.
OP it's volume DOWN, or mute the pre amp, then turn off the power amp.

Nord Has some really nice options. Trigger is an option along with rack mount. I love the look and the rev d buffer boards They can use the 2590 PRO sparco opamp. You might want to look anyways.. I have  few of their units, NEVER a problem.. Wonderful sound and you can roll the opamps to change the sound a bit..  12 trigger, and they come with anti pop.

I like the Hypex modules.. NC500 or 1200, both are cool running, powerful and great SQ.

I had to get use to it.. but tone control, made it very easy. I don't leave home without it... :-)

Regards
I like the Nord suggestion. I have not dived into class D amp research much, but given my small space and heat/ventilation concerns, maybe I should. Maybe a Nord NC500 with a kick ass pre. Oooo, now I can go pre shopping. I was liking the Parasound P6 but if I forget this Adcom and go with a class D, maybe I should look at other pre's that match better. I will die without tone controls so whatever - if the class D is bright, turn down the highs. Purists can melt into a puddle.