Acoustic Zen Adagio, How Good Are They?

Just read the glowing review in TAS. Has enyone heard these and if so is all the positive press justified?
128x128rja
Audphile1-

Thanks for the suggestion--my focus has been to go in the more high efficiency route and the Mani 2s aren't in that direction.

I have owned Dyns in the past and always have liked them too!

KeithR
Response34, i am using a caps modded Almarro 318B to drive the Adagios. :) No problem with the bass unless if it goes pretty loud then you'll hear soft clipping!
Response34, i am using a caps modded Almarro 318B to drive the Adagios. :) No problem with the bass unless if it goes pretty loud then you'll hear soft clipping!
Hello 2100. I have used various lower power tube amps with teh Adagio speakers and like ant similar combination, start to see some compression if trying to push too hard.

The Adagio's are a very good load for tube amps and this is why many people are finding lower power units are working so well for them.

Most of my listening with these speakers right now is with 60 watt P-P 6C33 amps. There are 4 amplifiers used most to audition these speakers for customers, all four are tube. Power ratings are 17 watts EL84, 60 watt KT88, 60 watt 6C33 and 100 watt KT88. All provide a unique presentation but all are also very enjoyable.

Bill