A tubes vs. Solid State question.

I have followed several of the threads regarding the tubes vs Solid State debate and I am puzzled by the dogmatism of this issue. I have several friends here on AudiogoN who are avid tube lovers so my question is obviously an attack on this stand, but do tube lovers think people with solid state equipment are deaf or is it that they have never heard tubes.
I have owned tube equipment and was fairly content with it but I have since changed to all SS gear. I am much happier with my system now that I have ever been before. Dare I say it? Yes I like SS amps, pre-amps, and phono stages! Does that damage my credibility or was it already gone? Maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression tube people think if we SS people ever heard tubes we would trash all of our gear and run to the nearest glowing orange light to buy all new equipment. Am I off the mark?
128x128nrchy
I have had a couple thresholds, Not all are as bad, but honestly I think the Thresholds I had were Bi-polar or Fet, or IGBT type anyway, no mosfet... the newer ones I am not sure, I did have a CODA which is also by developers of original thresholds it was excellent, Coda to this day uses a FET input with bipolar out, and yes I think they are for the world of expense in the mark levinson, pass labs the better of them. but have not heard all of it, I have heard some Krell which I don't know what they use and really don't want to know to be honest, they never impressed me for the money especially.

Now that being said, call boulder, Dartzeel and the likes of these guys, they are in fact some of the highest praised and closest sounding to tube and pure musical solid state devices on the planet, guess what all exclusivly use Bi-polar devices, they state way better sound, smoother responce, and much higher reliability than any mosfet can provide. I have always heard the difference and reality is many of the newer mosfets of Rotel, or whoever are normally in cheaper amps, and another fact that most hiend manufactures will verify if you call them is many have even moved away from mosfet based designs and gone to bi-polar the older and more musical stable technology, what does it mean, Nothing accept what your ear hears, back to the pass designs I don't know the answer, but I think he just went back to his low power hi quality amps again called "first Watt" and this is an un-altered Quote right from his own page, remember designers sometimes build with the current fad, and Mosfet was a 90's fad to some extent, so I guess to answer your question Pass found his own design comprimised.

"from first Watt, mr. Pass, heres the link and quote...
http://www.firstwatt.com/products/f3.htm

First off, for comparable devices at a given bias current, we see that the power JFET has much less distortion. The original F3 circuit was designed with a MOSFET, and comparing “apples to apples”, the power JFET operated with one-fifth the distortion of the MOSFET.

That’s only the beginning. The JFET has much less distortion operated as if it were a MOSFET, but it’s not a MOSFET, and it has characteristics which allow for even better performance.

When we look at the anode (or tube plate) voltage curves for devices we see what I would call the “triode character” and the “pentode character”.

In recent years, advances have been made in vertical JFET design which makes them more competitive in switching applications, and as a result power JFETs have been re-introduced after a thirty-year absence. Earlier this year I published the “Zen Variations #8 – the Power JFET Amplifier” and now First Watt is introducing the model F3, at this time the world’s only commercially available amplifier using power JFETs.
And to the best possible solid state on the planet for less than a pair of Krell mono's or whatever , it aint cheap though is the Dartzeel, heres a quote and link as well...

"darTZeel chose bipolar transistors -- ultra linear and fast -- for a straightforward signal path:"

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dartzeel/108.html
Here is the un-varnished truth: At the very high-end of audio, a vacuum tube, properly implemented, is an inherently superior and more natural sounding amplification device than a transistor (for many of the reasons already stated and more).

Unfortunately there are enough highly colored, high distortion, poor quality tube designs to make any blanket statements about "tube amplifier" superiority meaningful. It is the tube itself that can be described as having more potential than a semi-conductor.

Most of the people who fight the good fight for solid-state are correct in noticing how good the sound of some transistor circuits have gotten. They really are very good. But when cost, maintenance, heat, size, and anything other than sound quality are not factors, the best yet achieved has still been through a vacuum tube.

Some in the solid state camp have never experienced the sound of a state-of-the-art modern tube amplifier or system. Some just aren't as picky about sound or just don't hear subtlety very well. Others are swayed by things other than their ears (watts per channel ratings, THD ratings, etc...).

Very few if any in the vacuum tube camp are guilty of not having spent time with comparable transistor amplifiers or being swayed by anything other than what their ears tell them.
Yes, and no,, the only best resonable but still far too expensive, costly to run, and replace tubes are the CAT mono's.. Atmosphere's are okay too, but again put one of the tube pre's in front of one of the best solid states and its gonna be tuff to Fight the good fight for excessive tube usage as well, I have heard what many believe to be one of the best systems with 30,000$ VAC mono's and wilson Grand slams, well it was not overly impressive, and I have heard some of the supposed best solid state mark levinsons on Eggleston works, and Krells as well, well again not overly impressive, so there is a balance and in no way is just tube amp systems going to be all superior to some great solid state, but this is not represented well by the big name products all the time on either solid state or tube. For me the most popular Tube's of Audio research I do not like, and The most popular for solid state Krell I do not like, so I might be the 1% that can't hear real music very well and 99% of you love these products :)
Sorry correction above, I meant VTL mono's with wilson's, I never heard VAC's.