A few questions for Green Mountain Europa owners

I am considering these speakers and had a few questions. What are your overall impressions? What amp are you running them with? What types of music do they do best? Can you tell me of areas where they fall a little short?
thanks,

Chris
128x128tcbannon
Best standmount I have heard, and the best bargin in audio.
Run, do not walk to your nearest dealer. Rest of system....

Audio Refinement Complete amp and CDP
Scott Nixon tube dac with power supply and a Amperex 6DJ8 orange globe (Holland)
Carver Knight Shadow sub
Osiris stands
AP 9s
Luminous LSS ICs and Luminous Allegro Digital IC

By far the least expensive system I have owned in the last fifteen years and by far the best sounding.
Dennisj I have experienced the same thing.Having owned 8K to 10K in audio gear at one time or another.This inexpensive system stomps a mud hole in it ...for pure musical enjoyment.Thats the only thing that truley matters to me.This will be the last standmount I buy..until Roy comes out with a new one!! I would really like to hear the floor standing models but the closest dealer is 250 miles away.After the eye and ear opening experience with the Europas...I wouldn't think twice about buying a floor standing model unheard!

Happy Holidays!
Has anyone compared these to earlier 1996 or so Diamante II's which I'm looking at....oh heck maybe I'll buy one of each.....
Hi Roy,

Thanks for the reply. I have debated responding to this, because I figure there is no point. Be that as it may;

"Lou- the parts we use are stated on our miniscule website, and as Tennis Junky said- an Aurasound woofer (not fancy looking- resembles an old ADS woofer), a Morel dome, a SonicCap capacitor for the tweeter and a Solen Litz-wire inductor for the woofer. There are a couple of high-voltage Solens in the drivers' voice-coil Zobel networks. That's it. And yes- resistors are high-power, non-inductive wirewounds in ceramic blocks."

I admit, I have not listened to every ceramic block encased ww resister made, but I have yet to find one I would allow to be in my signal path. I even swaped out the 1 ohm carbon resistors in the non-stasis portion of my stasis amp with .66 5 watt mills, and did a 1 ohm carbon for 1 ohm 5 watt mill swap in the stasis section, so I guess I am just anal.

"These parts produce the best sound for our purposes. We have tried all the other parts you mentioned and more. While excellent choices, they had sonic flavors I could not balance against the rest of the variables in the Europa."

Caps are one thing, but if, and I stress if here, those resistors are in the signal path, and the oem types sound better there, I'd be real worried, cause something HAS to be wrong, IME/O.

Other than that, I do thank you, I am sure your speakers are a great deal.

Best Regards,

Lou
I may be late to this thread, but here goes...

I've owned the Europas for over a year now. Remarkable speaker. I've used them with monoblock CJ MV-75s (mod'ed by their designer, Bill Thalmann), a CJ Prem 11A, and an Odyssey Stratos. All work just fine. I always like to have more power than too little but even the 70wpc of the single Prem 11A works fine. For the front end I use a CJ PV-12A with various tubes, an Audio Alchemy DDS Pro transport, various DACs and cabling.

The Europas always sound great no matter what I use, though I generally prefer tube gear. I had them set up in a room with initial placement calculated using Cardas's formulas. I listen nearfield in an equilateral triangle arrangement with the speakers nearly pointing directly at the listener. What I've found most important is getting the tweeters at or below ear level. Once your ears are above tweeter level game's over.

Again, remarkable speaker. The only thing I'd want is deeper bass extension.

- SJ