A book shelf speaker to go on a bookshelf.

I am looking for a high quality speaker that can actually sit on a bookshelf near to a back wall as I no longer have room for a standmount.Any experience or ideas please.
zola1970
VR-1 is a good speaker.

The hole in the back is not called a port as its tuning frequency is higher than that of the woofer and has no useful bass output of its own

Good luck.
Thanks for all the input guys.I think the VR1 will be my first port of call.They have an importer here in the UK.
Zola 1970
ZOLA1970,
You would do well to peruse the North Creek Music Systems Kits. For example the "Spirit" (very favorably reviewed in the Absolute Sound) or the Okara II. You can make or buy the cabinets and choose any finish imaginable. George Short is the genius behind the designs (He is especially special with crossover design) and Lee Taylor is the cabinetmaker. You can visit the website at www.northcreekmusic.com.

REL2
I had asked the same thing here myself just a few weeks ago, then answered my own question and went with a pair of Aeriel 5b's.
Aeriel's website recommends them for close to wall applications and I'm quite happy with them. (Some day they will become rear speaker for HT.)
I'm not very familiar with small monitor speakers. Are any of them difficult to drive? Will a 50 wpc SS integrated, such as a NAD 320, be enough to handle the speakers mentioned in this thread? Sorry for the interruption, but any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks