15k for streamer and dac....how much on each?

for a music first, streaming only, two channel system.......with 15k in pocket (can buy new or used)  is the general rule of thumb 50/50 split on the budget?

do any all in one units at this price point compare to separates?

What choice did you land on at your respective budgets?

I've not had the greatest experience with streamers.....sound more similar than dissimilar to my admittedly non golden untrained ears

audiocanada

we put together a fantastic package of an aqua hifi lascala 8500

with a 432evoAeon 7800 server

the aqua Dac is modular and upgradable so is the server

This combination sounds like a good analog front end

Dave and Troy

audio intellect NJ

aqua and 432evo dealers

I’d go with a Denafrips Terminator II and a Sonore Signature Rendu SE. This will give you 100% fiber to the DAC cleaning everything beyond belief…. Also get a Sonore Sonic Transport which stay on your network all the time.  That piece is Roon ready and flows seamlessly throughout the components.  These (3) should be around $10k all in.  Look them up if you have a minute to see.  It did change my system night and day.  You’ll also have money left to upgrade or change some cables and speaker wires 

Hope it helps 

I can second Audioman58's recommendation to your inquiry.

The App for the streamer can provide a most certain opportunity for frustration if you don't go with a solid one. I'm a huge fan of the Sense App by Innuos. Make sure your streamer is hardwired with Ethernet-In. If you are going the Roon route, be certain your streamer is compatible. Not all are.

I use an Innuos LPS for my Pulse-mini, but I'm certain the Pulse and Pulsar have built in toroidal transformers to be certain your power is clean.

I would start with how good are my current amp and speakers and match the components to those. 

Personally would never spend more than $2k on a dac.  Unless you’re so wealthy this is chump change.  Dac tech changes so fast that DACs lose value faster than any other part of your system.  Additional, the newer DACs crush the older DACs.  I’d take a $600 smsl dac from 2024 over a $10000 dac from 2018 all day long.