12AT7 tube

I have a Lector T3 and have some '66 Valvo branded Mullard E81CC. I have been told by my tube dealer that it sounds very close to the Tele 801s and he has steared me away form buying the Tele.

So far this tube has crushed the RCA BP. The RCA seemed like it shut out the top end. I want to hear the top to bottom with out giving up one for the other.

Are there any other 12at7 tubes worth looking into? Gec A2900?
128x128glory
Try the Sylvania gold brand 6201 tubes...smooth, with great bandwidth. Best inner detail that I have heard in a 6201. The valvo is also one of the best...amsks a bit of detail, but among the top three IMHO.
Hello
I have a Lector CDP 7TL Mk1 CD player. I did extensive tube rolling when I first got the unit and ended up with Telefunken 12AT7s, they just sounded the best. With the Telefunkens the Lector comes pretty close to my Audiomeca Mephisto II.X and Audio Aero Capital MkI players.
I would give them a try.
Glory,

Sorry to say they are just the 2 micas...I've been chasing(trying to obtain via ebay, various sellers) the current 4 blues I have for a good 18 months...haven't seen a 3 mica yet.

All of mine (two separate purchases) came out of Germany.
Fish,

A 3 Mica matched pair just sold with the option to buy the second pair at winning bid on the Bay.