Hi anyone near Cliffwood , NJ 07721 ? need favor !

i found some used ALLISON speakers for sale,near Cliffwood , NJ 07721  
the seller is the dreaded local pick up ,only ! i need someone to go get them box them up and ship them to me in AZ  i can e mail a free pre-paid UPS label and of course would compensate for time, effort, gas, packing, boxes, beer, wine, coffee THX ! 
U haul has good boxes! just got some AL130 fr NH in them! Cliffwood , NJ   

128x128quickjack1234

I hope someone on this forum can help quickjack1234  read a dm/pm.

I suggest look under notifications (the bell at the top right header) or look at my profile, it may show “message sender”.

i allready bought some speakers outside this system they were a CL local pick up only and someone offered to help get them box them up ship them to me i would pay for shipping 

how can you ever message anyone here this is screwy! how do i read a PM i am not buying selling anything ! not trying to break any rules ! 

Post removed 

I found a guitar amp I needed years ago - local pickup. It is a very big/heavy and rare vintage tube amp.I fabricated a shipping box with packing and sent the empty box with a prepaid UPS shipping label inside. All the seller had to do want put the amp in the box and tape it up (I included tape) and attach the label. He agreed to drop it off at the local pack/ship store. All it cost me was an extra ~$35 to ship the empty box to him, and about $65 return shipping. Happy ending.

I’m in NC, or I would try to help.  I have sentimental attachment to items of my youth that I would love to have.  I once drove 12 hours round trip to pick up a bass head for a buddy.  He played bass guitar in a 1970's band, and discovered his original bass head for sale.  It had been "lost" on a tour in 1979.  He still had the matching cabinet.  I've never seen someone as excited as when I pulled in his driveway with that Ampeg gear.

So, quit giving the poster beef about the speakers, and someone help him out.  Return Karma is a good thing.

I had a friend who had the Allison Ones, heard them many times w/ Apt / Holman electronics & they were good in some ways & lacking in others. They had a nice clean, tight bottom end but a bit thick & heavy sounding w/ not much nuance & extension on the high end. They were design to placed on the wall & thus had minimal depth or three dimensional sound stage. Overall, like many other older New England speakers ( AR, Advent, KLH ), were very listenable, not fatiguing & faults were of the omission type, not commission type. 

Sound like you need to take a road trip and go pick them up. Maybe fly in, rent a truck and drive back. Either that or trust a shipper. Good luck!

I’m nowhere near NJ, but those speakers do look interesting.  Umm, how far from Clifford are you??

Post removed 
Post removed 

yes perhaps w/ roots on 1970’s basically same convex tweeters and mids as earlier models the secret sauce noone has been able to make the drivers for a LONG time apparently as per former factory workers they were assembled by robots! yes robots 50+ years ago! here is the difference and why the drivers are superior to all others the radiating surface area available a stock std dome and the allison i believe they went out of buisiness in early 90’s
the sealed cabinet push-pull woofer gave 20% less harmonic distortion vastly superior

carefull your naivete is showing Allison are very good speakers yes they are vintage , so what ? they were very advanced in the day have engineering FAR superior to most all modern speakers and TBH are some of the finest speakers i have ever heard .
they are worth pursuing i can get them , good survivors for far less than all the modern high-end peers ,
back in the day the engineers and scientists of consumers reports ( some serious audiophiles ) and a organization who accepted NO advertising and bought the gear w/ company ( non-profit ) $$ !
CR USED to test audio gear including speakers and these AL130 were repeatedly called the "best " speakers under $1,500 and were adjudged a "best buy "
BTW $1,500 in 1970 = $12,204.75 in 2024 so these WERE high end speakers! still are !

I just got some Allison speakers today fr some guy in CA i thought he had packed them better than i have ever seen but he did not use a piece of rigid foam cut out around the convex tweeter so the grille pushed on it damaging the grille and ruined the dome of the convex tweeter cone and the stand offs of the tweeter , 2 plastic pins pushed into ruined the grille ! ( soft foam MIGHT have worked too )
i can’t complain too much i paid $50 for the pair of speakers! and $75 for the packing materials / labor but the insurance will only reimburse me $50 what i paid for them not what they are worth ? + the shipping cost =$40 so i can get $90 and Allison tweeters are unobtainium darn it !
too bad these were perfect . now one is junk .May be an image of speaker

Pay the seller good money to have a shipper/ freight company come pick them up from his house. I did it once and it went well.