As for ruining the product v. the band, this one to this day makes me wonder WTF the agency was thinking....?! *HUH?! *LOL*

True, only the rhythm and the *$$$* chorus was used, but for those who Knew the F'n song....

...backing a Mazda spot....🙄🤪😆😖😏

" Putney sez..."   "...the Morris D accounts' Got T'Have Soul!"

Right ON,bro'....UhHuh....

...up there w/theApple 'runner w/the sledgehammer spot.....

The 'studio version' of this (without the crowd of 'hangers' was funnier, but was a bit too edgy even then....'Wanna tootsky?"

Read the biography of Edward Bernays and you will know why market publicity ruin the soul of human life...

Publicity is only the visible peak of manipulation of the soul...

Now we go where soon A.I. will be able to fully program human without almost  anything left of us...And some sleepwalkers, ss mephisto workers,  called it more "intelligent" than human, sure, it look like it, but  intelligence without any creative eternal consciousness is organized garbage... What i just wrote can be wrote by any A. I. how did you know ? Imagine how big corporate interests with no country true rooting will use A. I. soon and already had ?

And no i am not a luddite Amish at all ...

Buckle your belt, i just read a book by an Indian scientist a year ago, not only A. I. is possible, but by a new math over neural network math and integrating it, A.C. is possible too : artificial consciousness...The book title is "Nanobrain" ... Perhaps the movie "Blade runner" will give you an idea about A.C. without the needs of any mathematical study...Why creating A.C. ? Something captive of this physical universe and who will be "mortal"? because we own an immortal soul, not A. C. even if he can live a million years...

If you are not immortal, 24 hours or a million years , it is the same duration: it pass with great speed...Think about your life...

No doubt we live the most interesting times from Atlantis sunking in the sea ,if the event was true to begin with; if not think about the Babel Story...We are lucky to see it but many suffers already today and perhaps us tomorrow... A damn luck!

By the way i cannot imagine Beethoven selling the chorus melody of his 9th symphony for sex lubricant company....

Or Chet Baker selling "Funny Valentine" song for a drug company "curing" diarrhea...

But sometimes the power of music as borrowed Strauss Zarathustra theme in Kubrick 2001 movie show us why music play a so great role in mind programmation.. it is unforgettable.. Music and our soul are almost synonymous word for the same phenomena on some level as speech is with the power of hypnosis.. ..

But anyway many artist now are "designed" as a product is...

But as in politic or on the artistic scene or any of us in our life we are puppet or the own master of our craft, it is a free choice.....

The Doors always got my respect for not succumbing to ad revenue.

Guitarist Robbie Krieger was particularly steadfast in resisting the temptation.

One can only imagine what commercials "Light My Fire" would be used for...