G Rated Comments About the Relevance of Pink Floyd’s Animals Album:

It was a favorite album of mine, back then, for the music.

I had no idea how telling it was, at the time. But I get the gravity of it all, now … both, as a piece of art and also a statement about where we were headed as a society.

Wondering how long this thread can stay up. Hopefully, for a while …

General ground rules apply: please abide by Audiogon’s house rules of conduct, so we can enjoy it.

Please keep it G rated enough so we can hear some hilarious comments. Not that the situation is hilarious or anything about it at all.

So let’s be civil. And let this be an exercise in remaining light hearted.

128x128tunefuldude

Happy to see this not devolving into chaos and spitefulness so far. As a younger lad, Animals is the only Floyd album that grabbed me. But Meddle is the one I always go to because of the sonic scapes. I should probably read more of their lyrics. 

@j-wall Not sure which country you’re in, because I think they’re only touring in the States ... but if you are in the US and can catch one of Les Claypool and Sean Lennon and co. covering Animals from cover to cover on this little summer tour they're currently doing. Cuz it's like Wow cool. I saw it two weeks ago here in KC and it splattered my brains all over the place. : )

They each embued the material with their own masterful touch, staying real close to the original material in a way that it seemed very original. As my friend Martha that I took with me said: they all seemed so connected with each other, the way they played. Dude, it was incredible.

I was very fortunate someone gave me a heads up on the show. Do yourself a favor and go, if you can.