Can I Trust The Music Room's Product Description?

I few weeks ago, I bought a used Chord Hugo 2 headphone amp/DAC from The Music Room, a vendor I had grown to trust after a few successful new-item purchases. This time, I’m not so sure if I can trust the company or not. In their product description, The Music Room had advertised the Hugo 2 as being a year old. When it arrived, from the serial number, I discerned that it had been made in 2020, 3 years back. I called my salesperson at The Music Room and he was surprised he had sold me an older model. I guess it could have been manufactured in 2020 and not sold till 2022, so it would then be a year old in a sense.I asked the salesperson, "If the Hugo 2 is really a year old, isn’t the warranty still active? Can I get it assigned to me?" The salesperson said he’d look into it and get back to me. Weeks have gone by with no resolution. I don’t think I will ever get a warranty, and figure it probably expired with age after 3 years. My questions: Does The Music Room just put things up for sale without requiring any proof of age? Do they not inquire about transferring a warranty to the next buyer? Is this the best way they can do business?

128x128mysteriousmrm

@mysteriousmrm "This time wasn’t as smooth, but they are working with me now to make things better."

Would expect nothing less from Nick/TMR in any case.

Having worked with Nick many times, I can guarantee you nothing misguided occurred here. TMR is in it of the long-game, and would not let the sale or return of one Chord Hugo2 amp-dac ruin their reputation and standing. A warranty is usually up to the manufacturer, and most good brands stand up to their products if they are in the first 2-3 years, or can be fixed within reason when working through it. On the flip side, there is rarely a long term guarantee with most used gear we buy/save on.

----------------

So, what’s wrong wtih the Chord Hugo "2"? If you had another year of warranty, what would you fix?

Well, I was quite disappointed in my latest adventure with the Music Room.

I wanted to trade in some Critcal Mass footers for the latest version. They finally quoted after I sent several emails. There quote was to take my trade in for 1/2 of the current used prices and sell me the replacements for full retail value. Making large profit in both directions.

Walk on...

ozzy

I've bought several used items from TMR.  The transactions and deliveries were always flawless.  The equipment was in excellent condition and functioned as described by TMR.